Saturday 12 May, 2012

Mother's Day

Beauty in your eyes
Love in your arms
Heaven at your feet
You are definitely the one I'd seek,
May it be in my joy or grief
Though my stay with you will be brief,
You remain with me I believe
In my heart and soul;
In making me whole
Counting every step I take
Till I'm inspired to be the one I make.

So it is the second Sunday of May again, and all of us are busy wondering what we'd do today to make it the most memorable for the most wonderful woman ever on the planet. The woman every man seeks the ultimate love from and tries searching for in his lover/wife; and the woman every lady seeks as the biggest inspiration for her to be the way she is. Yes, indeed, she's the same woman who bore you for 9 months 9 days and some times a little more or even less undergoing 57 Del of pain while giving birth which is equal to getting 20 bones fractured at the same time. I'm sure everyone reading this would already know all this and so I'm not going to stress on the same old fact of "you should love your mother because she suffered a lot of pain for you", which of course is something some of you would not agree to, perhaps because you find an evil witch in that lady instead of someone you would want to adore. 

Well, a "mother" is that creation of God who is indispensable and perfect and the only one you can turn to when you need any help. As a Jewish proverb goes, "God couldn't be everywhere, so he created mothers". A lot of us reading that would say "OMG so true". Almost everyone of us would make greetings, do stuffs our mothers love like get her flowers, do the household chores, cook food, bake a cake and so many other stuffs. 

She may be the simple, homely person or the extravagant, outgoing types, whatever she may be, she is a rockstar in your eyes who'd do all the complex jobs in a very simple and elegant way and place it in front of you like it was nothing at all. Ask me and I'd definitely tell you that you've not tried it out before you tell me that your mother's actually dumb. She may be naive to your new modern worldly matters but deep within she is that person who knows how to save that last rupee of your dad's income so that your future may be settled. She may have married young and foregone her education, but she'll always be the one to support you for your higher studies even if the world says you are not worth it. She holds you close to her heart and her first prayer of the day would be for her children's well being. The slightest of the cut on your hand makes her worried, and if not then she is the type of mother who sees her child as a strong individual but deep within she cries for every drop of blood falling off your body. It's easy for us today to forget all that she has done and even send her to the old age home when she seems to be a burden for your family someday. 

Whatever it may be, for me my mother is the prettiest and the most adorable lady ever born. She is someone I'd turn to not only when I'm not keeping well or feeling low but also when I'm overjoyed. She is, in fact, the first person to know the reason for my happiness at the moment. A million words are not enough to describe my mother and my love for her nor it would be vice versa. But this blog goes out for all those mothers, who like mine, are a symbol of inspiration, influence and affection in our lives but are really far from us in geographical distances.

This mother's day I ask all of you to chant a prayer for your mother and just go hug her and kiss her, which is all what will make her the happiest and feel loved and cherished for all the hard work she does all day, in case you can not get her the best gift at the stores or do something else. Believe me she doesn't even care for your efforts(like your girlfriend), instead wants you to be there for her. 

Happy Mother's Day Mom :) Keep smiling (even if I know you are really sad within) I love you a lot and always will :)

No comments:

Post a Comment